Posted By: bandit
If your Wii's blue LED is pulsating, thats because there is a new system update. The final version of the Wii Opera browser is now available to download.
Now even more convenient to use!
The Internet Channel allows everyone to enjoy the Internet from their living room. We’ve just added some new features to make it even more convenient to use! Best of all, it’s still free!
New features include:
- Faster start-up time!
- Search button added!
- Text is clear, even when enlarged
- You can now hide the tool bar to see even more of the screen
It’s a great way to surf the Internet with family and friends, and allows you to experience the Internet in ways you never thought possible with your PC (on your TV!!)
To get this latest version of the Internet Channel, you’ll need to download it.
To download the Internet Channel:
Press the “Update” button at the bottom right, and update the Wii console.
Select “Internet Channel from the Wii Ware section of the Wii Shop Channel. Download the new software and start surfing!
You can download the Internet Channel for free until the end of June 2007.
Parents who want to control access to the Internet Channel should refer to the Parental Controls options available in the Wii System Settings. To access these settings, return to the Wii Menu and select the Wii icon.
Here is a list of what is new to the browser:
- Parental Control support
- Optional Internet content filter provided by Astaro (available soon)
- Improved start-up speed
- Clearer text when zoomed-in
- Improved Wii Remote navigation
- Improved scrolling and zooming
- Built-in search via Yahoo! or Google
- Option to hide Toolbar
- New cursor animations and operation sounds
- Ability to view page security information
- Option to delete cookies
- Built-in support manual