August 15th, 2008, 00:43 Posted By: bandit
XCM White 360 HDMI 1080p Cable
Site: Buy from Play-Asia
Overview : This cable converts the analog singal to a digital signal and acts as a HDMI digital signal solution for HDMI-less Xbox 360 consoles, while also sporting an extra RCA socket and digital optical audio output socket for connection to your audio source. The cable also comes with an HDMI to DVI adapter so it can be used on a PC as well as HDTV.
Quality/Usability : The XCM White 360 HDMI 1080p Cable is an upgrade to its predecessor, XCM White 360 HDMI 1080i Cable. Instead of only being able to display 1080i, it can now display 1080p for Xbox 360's without HDMI port built in (1st Generation).
- Easy connection - Plug & Play!
- Can change the analog signal from the older model Xbox 360 consoles into a digital signal, effectively decreasing signal loss, and upgrades the picture quality and hardware performance.
- Auto identifies the consoles signal, no need for manual settings.
- Built in optical and analog sound outputs, adaptable to various multimedia devices.
- High quality cables. Uses gold plated plugs for superior contacts, guaranteed picture quality and stability.
- Does not require an external power supply.
- Includes Super Thick High Quality Braided & Shielded HDMI cable ($50-60 Value) - No additional HDMI cable needed! (Comparable to Monster Cable HDMI Cables selling for $99+)
- Also includes HDMI to DVI Adapter.
- Automatically detects and plays any Xbox 360 Game or DVD Movie disc.
Design and setup is exactly the same as its previous version. Included is HDMI cable, HDMI to DVI adapter, and XCM's nifty device that converts signal to HD.
Setup is fairly easy (video below). With the HDMI 1080p Cable, you'll get up to 1080p output from your original white Xbox 360. The same as if you were to get a Xbox 360 Premium, Elite or Halo 3 edition. To get this setup, simply connect the device to the back of the Xbox 360. Take the HDMI cable and connect it to the other end of the device and the other end of the cable to your monitor/HD TV. If you dont have a HDMI port on your monitor, you can use the included HDMI to DVI adapter.
Just remember that HDMI supports digital audio through the cable but DVI does not, so you'll need to connect speakers. The device has two RCA audio jacks (red/yellow) for those who are using DVI. If you have speakers that also has RCA audio jacks, simply plug it into the HDMI device.
Once all cables are connected, simply turn on the Xbox 360 and you will now have an original white Xbox 360 capable of running in HD via HDMI/DVI. The HDMI device also has a power indicator to let you know that the product is turned on and in use. From what I have tested, the visual quality is the same using this adapter and connecting the Xbox 360 directly to the HDTV via HDMI. Like the 1080i version, I didnt notice any loss of quality.
Conclusion : Overall, the XCM White 360 HDMI 1080p Cable works just like the 1080i version. Only difference between the two is color and instead of 1080i, it outputs to 1080p. This is by far the best solution for those wanting to play in HD on their original white HDMI-less Xbox 360. MadCatz has their own version that is sold at electronics stores like Best Buy but it costs $99.99 and is smaller. XCM used the same design. I still wish they made a smaller version of it.
If you're running out of HDMI ports, consider looking into Talismoon HDMI Switcher with Remote, XCM HDMI/DVI Crossover Selector for additional HDMI/DVI ports.
Images via comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 5 comments - Join In and Discuss Here