Posted By: bandit
PS3Hax member theblacksheep has figured out how to play ANY PS3 game via “remote play” function!
Last night I backup SF4 (little did i know this has trouble seeing the controllers), ran the FTP program, lifted the SFO out, edited in in SFO editor to allow remote play. Then put the SFO file back, entered remote play and ran the modified game. Instead of showing the fail screen for trying to play a non remote play game over remote play this time it worked and we got to the same screen when loading the game properly.Basically what hes saying is that, by editing the "PARAM.SFO" from the game that you just dumped onto your hard drive - and checking on the "Enable remote play" option, you will be able to play that game remotely via your PSP whether it had that option to begin with or not.
in short: SFO editing games to allow remote play works.
So how do you do this? Follow the tutorial below provided by PS3Exploits:
Here is a more in-depth guide with pictures on how to set it up (courtesy of PSX-Scene).
- Dump any game of your choice to your hdd
- Install Ps3 FTP and launch it
- Connect via ftp and navigate to your hdd folder then to games -> LAUN12345 -> GAMEZ -> YOUR GAME ID -> PS3_GAME
- Now copy PARAM.SFO and make a backup of it just in case
- Download SFO Editor open the sfo and check “enable remote play”
- Save it and then open up the FTP and transfer the modded sfo back into the PS3_GAME folder.
- Now connect your psp in remote play and enjoy.
Source: PSX-Scene via PS3Hax